Tuesday 11 September 2007

* unfortunately we regret blah blah blah

...
So obviously having been unemployed and job-hunting since the end of June this year, I've had a fair few pieces of correspondence thanking me for my application for whatever position it was however on this occasion I have not been successful (sometimes they give a reason along the lines of the recruiter having had a large volume of applicants and there being more qualified/suitable candidates than me) and they thank me for my interest and hope this will not discourage me from applying to them again in the future blah blah blah blah blah...

See what I did there? I have had so many of these I can now write them myself! If it's a thin letter then it's a rejection, invites to interview are generally done by phone or by thicker letter containing stuff like additional forms, instructions, directions, etc.

Wish I had the guts to try something like this, though - just to see if it works or at least to see what reaction it got...
http://www.snopes.com/college/admin/rejection.asp

No comments: